Thursday, December 11, 2008

Glitta having it all
















I recently read a text by Glitta she seems to be a woman with no direction. She knows where she wants to go. The only problem is she needs a map. Even though Glita has a life she is so busy enthralled with her daily routines of living she has forgotten her place.
How I can relate, the last 8 weeks of my life have been the most complex in a long time. I’m currently enrolled in 2 college classes. I have not attended school since Moses parted the Red Sea. When I go to sleep I have dreams of my computer keyboard coming alive .The keys are fanglike teeth, and the cord is a dragon’s tail. It eats’ me alive. I have been so busy doing nothing. I have neglected to go to the gym, resulting in a 15 lb. weight gain. My eyebrows have attached themselves, resembling Siamese twins. If my dog could talk I’m sure he would have called P.E.T.A on me to report his unkept coat. I usually cook at least three times a week. I some how manage to cook now only on Sunday’s and by Thursday, my kids and husband dare to eat anymore leftovers. They fear the plantlike growth mounting inside.
I sit and I watch all of my younger fellow classmates. I listen and observe carefully while they hold conversations about the classes they are taking. Just the other day a young girl approximately 23 years of age talked about how she had exam’s coming up for 4 classes. She said she only worked on the weekends. I wondered how do they do it here I am, unemployed and taking only 2 courses. My three year old is a job within it’s self. She goes to pre-school that gives me time to focus on my schoolwork. I fee guilty because I can leave her there for an extra 3 hours for eight extra dollars each time she stays later. I’m sure I have spent at least 32 dollars extra in the last 2 weeks (do the math). The semester is just about over and I plan on enrolling in two more classes. This time I will use my time more wisely; affording me less mental meltdown.

1 comment:

Paul G. said...

This is awesome and you should keep blogging. I'm trying not to wake anyone with my laughter.

"I have not attended school since Moses parted the Red Sea. When I go to sleep I have dreams of my computer keyboard coming alive .The keys are fanglike teeth, and the cord is a dragon’s tail. It eats’ me alive. I have been so busy doing nothing. I have neglected to go to the gym, resulting in a 15 lb. weight gain. My eyebrows have attached themselves, resembling Siamese twins. If my dog could talk I’m sure he would have called P.E.T.A on me to report his unkept coat. I usually cook at least three times a week. I some how manage to cook now only on Sunday’s and by Thursday, my kids and husband dare to eat anymore leftovers. They fear the plantlike growth mounting inside."